About Me

My photo
Just as the flower and its fragrance are one, so must each of you and your Father become.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Created as Children of Color

Peace by Marc Chagall. Stained glass.

"These all died in faith, not having received the things promised, but having seen them and greeted them from afar, and having acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth. For people who speak thus make it clear that they are seeking a homeland. If they had been thinking of that land from which they had gone out, they would have had opportunity to return. But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city."
Hebrews 11.13-16

For people who speak thus make it clear that they are seeking a homeland.

I want to hear people speaking like they are seeking a homeland. I want to meet more people who look at more than just the physical earth. I want to be inspired by children of God who laugh and say that there is a city being prepared and that is it their homeland. I want to meet other travelers like me, who know they are merely vagabonds wandering from one realm to another that they have been seeking and desiring.
My Father is preparing a homeland for me, and I am waiting on the shore to see the sails of His ship on the horizon. I don't belong on this island - I belong on His ship, destined for our homeland.
Sometimes we forget to shake off the material nature of this realm. Unfortunately, we get desensitized and acclimated to the gray and we forget that we were created as children of color. Right now, we are in a world of gray. But we weren't lovingly created to be gray!! We are here to eagerly watch the horizon and remember the colors from which we were birthed. Shake off the dust of the gray and seek the heavenly country.

No comments:

Post a Comment